Filta Bac Cream
FiltaBac Cream is the ultimate in animal skin protection for wounds, sunburn, as a sunblock and for correcting skin conditions. It is suitable for most animals especially horses and dogs. Use on cats under veterinary supervision The demand for a suitable application to protect non-pigmented and non-hair covered skin from sunburn has become increasingly necessary and important, particularly in horses, dogs and cats.
Covering the skin or wound with FiltaBac Cream as a barrier simulates the properties of undamaged skin, plus, the sunblock properties minimises any further damage.
The consistency and the phasing of the cream's structure mimics the skins properties allowing transpiration of the covered area (the wound breathes but does not dry out) promoting moist wound healing, serous fluid can escape, at the same time providing a protective barrier to prevent intrusion of external contaminants (including insects) while also binding soluble constituents such as chemicals and antigens.
How to use FiltaBac Cream
- Cover the visibly damaged skin area with a reasonably thick coating of FiltaBac Cream. This will naturally replace the lost skin.
- Re-apply FiltaBac Cream to the area for 2-3 days without removing the original cover.
- After this period, gently remove the FiltaBac Cream from the area by using warm water and a mild soap or dilute antiseptic solution.
- Pat or air-dry (do not rub) and re-cover with FiltaBac Cream. Hair will re-grow naturally on the area.
NB: If suturing is likely to be delayed, a cover application of FiltaBac® Cream will protect the integrity of the wound and FiltaBac® Cream can remain in a wound that is sutured due to its non-reactive anti-bacterial qualities.
When to use FiltaBac Cream
- Broken and Grazed Skin Areas
- Bites from other horses, cats or dogs
- Cuts and Gashes
- Girth Galls/Girth Rub/Saddle Pressure areas: Pressure must be relieved to allow damaged tissue to heal.
- Bit pressure and mouth damage: Swallowing and ingesting FiltaBac Cream is harmless. Frequent applications are
- Fly bites and Insect worry on damaged skin areas: Flies and insects are deterred by FiltaBac’s viscosity (stickiness).
- Clipper rash
- Irritated skin: inflamed, weeping areas from mange. FiltaBac Cream will soothe the affected skin area.
- Mud Fever
- Rain Scald - flaky & irritated skin: Gently remove the flaky skin from the body areas. FiltaBac® Cream should then be rubbed into the skin to protect against bacteria (anti-bacterial action) and soothe the irritation.
- Sun Block Protection