Everyone knows that the way to a horse's heart is through its stomach and what better way to show your horse some love this festive season than with homemade horse treats!
This simple and easy recipe is a great activity for those rainy afternoons we have been having and you still want to do something for your horse.
What you'll need:
- 2 large carrots (grated)
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/4 cup of molasses
- 1 teaspoon of Himalayan Mineral Salt
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup of crushed linseed
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (optional- great for the immune system)
- Preheat over to 180 degrees celsius
- Mix all the 'wet' ingredients together in a bowl
- Slowly add dry ingredients, and the mixture sure form a dough-like consistency
- If needed add extra water or oil to the mixture
- Roll into small balls and place on a baking sheet
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden brown and allow to cool
If you're feeling up to it, be adventurous and play with the recipe!
Other things you can add:
- Brown Sugar
Send us some photos of your finished products, either to our email or Facebook!